Monday, December 28, 2020

New Ideas


 Sometimes I feel like this little meerkat. Just sitting alone and thinking about the day, upcoming plans, and as all authors story ideas. Over Christmas I have had so many fun thoughts on projects. Of course the next volumes in a new series that's been playing in my mind for years, but also some new stuff. Maybe a children's series about a grandma and her grand daughter and their adventures together would be fun. Maybe a look at race issues from a white woman's perspective--dangerous I know. Maybe a fantasy children's series based on the fantasy world my grand daughter created (she has said she'd like to write the stories down). So many choices...and yet I find myself nervous to share the ideas with fellow writers.

How many of us fear that someone will take our idea and run with it? I know I do. I've had ideas for other projects stolen by someone I shared it with, so why not a story line? I know several authors who are fearful of putting the idea out there because of idea theft. I find it very sad, but still I don't think I would go into an on-line writing group and put my ideas forward (in detail) out of concern that someone will take it and run with it. Anyone reading this ever feel this way? Do you think it makes me pathetic for having these feelings?


As I'm sitting here writing this short blog, I'm aching to share some details of my ideas with actual people. I'm aching to get feed back and other people's thoughts...because I really do love brain storming and sharing ideas. With Covid, however it's hard to get out and chat with folks. Granted I have a few author friends and non author friends that will listen and discuss, but I always thought it would be fun to sit in a writing group (in person) and just share and be able to see the excitement in other people's eyes as they let their imaginations run. I hope we can get back to that place because I am tired of being that little meerkat, sitting alone pondering plots. I want to run wild and have a bit of fun with fellow "imaginateers". :) 

Hopefully, soon writing groups can meet in person again and things can get back to normal. I'm ready. Anyone else feel this way?

I pray blessings and joy and much imagination to be with everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment