Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Fear of the Truth

 Sorry about missing a week. I needed time to get my head together and process the shutting down of free speech in the USA. I'm still not done figuring things out. How can the "land of the free and home of the brave" have fallen so far in such a short time? I mean, it's not like I haven't seen it coming...I wrote a novel series about it for crying out loud. Resistance Series


I guess even when we know something bad is coming we just don't like accepting the fact. *sigh* All the protests in 2020 were peaceful until instigators came in at the end and turned the into riots--burning and looting and killing police in cold blood and bashing people's heads in and beating them senseless. It was the same at the capitol January 2021. The protest was peaceful until instigators came in and turned it into riots--no burning or looting though and it was over in about 2 hours unlike the 2020 riots which went on for almost a year. BUT the media and government elites were horrified at the two hour riot while ignoring and even praising the year long riots. Government (through big tech) shut down the free speech of the president and citizens that they did not agree with. Not violent language just something that didn't fit their narrative. I mean EVEN European leaders were shocked and disgusted at the shut down of free speech. (and they have no love of Trump).


So now, I sit here preparing signs to go in my yard to protest the big finish of the coup d etat tomorrow, otherwise known as inauguration day wondering if my property will be attacked. Wondering if someone in my area will threaten me or my fellow citizens protesting. How sad that in the "land of the free and home of the brave" a citizen need fear retribution from their neighbors over the professing of a truth they may disagree with. We have become a nation of idiots. People who think their feelings are more important that someone elses. Feelings are just that...yours. Feel happy or sad, afraid or fearless, strong or weak...that is your choice, but words do not hurt unless someone lets them hurt. Will those of us who dare to speak our truth (the truth) be arrested in the future? Will the new congress actually destroy the 1st amendment? How many rights would not exist if not for the right to protest and speak? Someday they will come for you and no one will be left to defend you. Perhaps it's time to get over yourself, pull up your big boy/girl pants and ignore what bothers you, or better yet have an actual dialogue with those you disagree with. Shutting down speech does not change hearts, it just makes the speech go underground. 


I know this isn't a particularly inspirational blog. Just musings and sadness at the loss of my country. A country that I loved. A country that I served. And now probably a country that will make me a criminal for daring to stand for the truth. *sigh* I simply hold to the promise "Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7 

Jesus is the way and the truth and the life!!! Never let them shut you down. Stand on the truth!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment