Monday, January 25, 2021

Is Anybody Listening???

 Well, I'm keeping on track with blogging at least once a week (minus the inauguration week, but slight depression is a pretty good excuse I think...) Today I thought I'd talk about writer's interruptions. I don't have writer's block, I have something else. The story is in my head pretty much finished, just needs writing, but it's the background planning that's got me procrastinating. I know my writer friends get this. Writing the story and BAM! we realize that we need to get more information on the scene we are involved, either with characters or settings, and everything comes to a halt.

For some reason, I decided that some of the drama of the new series will take place in Turkey. I know the reason, but it's fun to put on the blond hat once and a while and act dumb, especially when I realized I don't know as much as I need to about the architecture in Turkey (except the Hagia Sophia of course). So, in the midst of writing I now find myself taking a break to research castles and fortresses in Turkey.


 

I actually enjoy researching, but I'm aching to get back to the plot. However, another thing my fellow writers will understand is that even though we write fiction, if we get too much wrong with a setting someone will make a big deal about it. And while it shouldn't matter, it does to me, so I do try and get the basic's right. I found a couple of castle fortress on the Bosphorus Straits. Anadoluhisari and Rumelihisari are really cool and lend themselves to the medieval fortress I was looking for my global government to headquarter. I'm trying to think outside of the box. :)



Anyway, I need to get back to the research, but I am trying to keep up with the weekly blog. Don't know why since I don't have many followers, BUT for posterity it will be fun to look back and see my musings from the Covid/Biden era. ;) 


Keep on resisting the darkness and look to the light! God's plan is all working out as it is meant to. Which is the reason I can keep on keepin' on!!!

2 comments: