Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Isolation




You know why I don't like Zoom council meetings? One of the reasons I liked being involved in council (as a council person and citizen) is the in person interaction. I am not an extrovert, but I do like having something purposeful to do (much like going ot church, although that is a different purpose.) This post-Covid world is going to suck. People can't go places to just gather. Getting used to online meetings will only lead to not having as many in person meetings which destroys community unity. Now, I know that i"m usually the only person sitting in the audience at council meetings, but when there is an issue and people come together it's a time to see old "friends" and renew something lost. I fear with the dawn of artificial meetings, and artificial protests, and artificial everything controlled by a small group of people will destroy the human spirit. 

We've already destroyed a generation of young people by teaching them to hate people different from them (multi-culturalism) and not encouraging free thought (no child left behind to common core), and sticking them in front of computer screens instead of books and hands on learning...now add the next generation to virtual everything and you've got mindless robots. It's all a plan, started with Agenda 21 (now called The Reset)...Is this what we want? For fear of a virus that is like any other humanity has dealt with? Are we really going to hide away? I sure know I don't like going out anymore, seeing masked people everywhere. Most who just do it because they're told to. Not being able to even shake hands and old people crying when you give them a hug because it's been so long makes me feel sick. I don't understand what has happened to people, other than the fact that they've just given up.

I feel like I've given up, except for speaking out. I want to write...I have stories in my head, but then I wonder, "Will I be able to be published because I'm conservative?"; "Can I write something that will offend someone?"; "Will I ever be able to have a book signing or group event where we can see each other?" I just don't understand why so many people have just rolled over and accept government officials who change their concerns as a means of power. I don't understand why people accept masking when it's proven to not work (even by the WHO) if you're not sick. I don't understand how people who are intelligent just throw out their knowledge because some government goon says to.


I'm sorry for the ramble, but it really is overwhelming. I'm glad that I have my faith in the triune God. He keeps me sane. So glad I have a pastor that continues to give communion weekly. So glad I have a few friends who have not bought into the nonsense of Covid-response and still meet and hug and spend in person time together. I'm ready to go into slavery/prison if it comes to that for my faith, but I still have to ask why are people so quick to give up their freedom?

2 comments:

  1. Kim. I completely agree with you. It is hard to keep going and keep writing during these times. But, don't give up. God has given you a talent and you are meant to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ann! It's my nature to keep on keepin on, but sometimes it is so difficult! :)

      Delete