Wednesday, March 3, 2021

 


Today is a gorgeous late winter day. The sun is shining warmly through the bare tree branches and illuminating the cedar trees creating a yellow glow around the dark green needles. The lawn is dappled in spring green waiting to flourish and a carpet of Emerald green moss covers a huge swath of the garden flaked by a worn out privacy fence and a hedge of bare rose of Sharon bushes. A dry river bed meanders through the grass and moss ending in the wooded evergreen cedar copse gracing the boundary of my back yard.

The birds have been flitting from feeder to trees and bushes, singing and showing their colours, waiting for the mating season to arrive. Titmice, cardinals, finches, chickadees, wrens, woodpeckers, jays, robins, nuthatches, and doves have been entertaining me as I enjoy the sun after a half day of trimming back a butterfly bush, spireas, echinacea, and nandina. Picking the right places to cut for summer blooming is enjoyable, but cleaning up sticks and removing them to piles for the birds and critters was exhausting. Watching the squirrels skitter about brings a smile to my face though and I am looking forward to future cutting back to enjoy the glorious creation of my God.

I have had a wonderful day so far. From my morning clean to an afternoon of visiting with a friend and enjoying tea and scones I am blissfully content. Soon my husband will be home for dinner and yet another friend is scheduled to stop by this evening for movie night and popcorn. So many things to be grateful for this day.

Tomorrow will bring soreness (getting old stinks) and probably more news of a world gone mad, BUT I guess life comes down to how we live it. In joy or sorrow...in fear or strength...with good friends or lonely users we create the life we have. So today, I wish everyone some peace. There is always something good to be found, so take a moment and let your reality be happy.

God bless y'all...and if you want to help out an unknown author to make her day just that tiny bit brighter check out my books at www.kimsauthorspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment