Friday, May 14, 2021

Big Old Blah's

 


Hi. Sorry for my complacency with writing. I honestly just haven't been feeling it. I have been feeling depressed lately (feeling, not clinically). I used to have a natural fortress of solitude in my back garden. Now it's plagued by people who seem to care more about teaching their kids sports than about nature. Barking dogs when I just want a bit of peace in the garden. Native habitats cut down to make room for grass. I just don't get it. I feel like Tree Beard from LOTR...no one cares about growing things anymore. The wheels of industry turn and the rest is just in the way. *sigh* Neighbors that don't say hi or even acknowledge anyone else's existence. Also, my grand daughter will be going back to in-person learning next year, so I know she'll be getting the vaccine and being taught to be a sheep...follow the crowd, ignore common sense and science. It's all getting to be hard to find joy.

HOWEVER, I do find contentment in watching the birds and critters playing in the few trees left around. The garden is still green and nature still does it's thing. My friends are true and steadfast and my close family is a comfort in troubled days. There is always something to find joy in, but watching the decline of our civilization day by day saps my strength. Yes, I know there is nothing I can do about it...pray and stand firm in the truth. I know that God is in control and I do know the outcome, it's just overwhelming to watch.

Sorry for the lament...I just wanted to try and stay on track, and while people love to hear the positive thoughts of those of us who write, I think it's important to also share the times when we feel the hard things in life. I'm sure by the next time I write I will be in a better place, but for now I am simply resisting the urge to hide away. 

My favourite Psalm is number 27. "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?...Wait for the LordBe strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment