Saturday, January 1, 2022

New Year's Day 2022

 


Ah, here it is, another new year, which is just a continuation of the old year. How am I supposed to look forward to a new year without my Ryan? A new adventure perhaps but not something I'm particularly looking forward to. The thing I miss most about Ryan is having his presence in the house: Knowing that if I need a hug or someone to share thoughts with I could just go to him and get a cuddle or his unique way of seeing things. The loss will not be gone just because the calendar turns a year.

Thankfully, I have my faith, family, and true friends around to encourage and inspire me. I have a few book ideas rattling around in my head, and even some ideas for a business. Of course there is the ridiculous 45 day schedule the town council imposed on my friends/family to get their garden up to some kind of unknown and unwritten standard, which I intend to help them accomplish. So I can say the first month and a half of 2022 will be exactly like 2021...arrogant people forcing their opinions on others. The last ten and a half months will hopefully be something new, but knowing the complainers in this town, I'm sure we'll be dealing with complaints and whining ad infinitum. 

My hope for 2022 is that the hate filled issues of the past decade will be done away with for my friend/family, David and Sara and the new opportunities for them will come to fruition. I hope to publish at least another novel and at least one children's book as well as find an opportunity to make my self employment ideas come to fruition. I truly hope the orphans I help in Uganda will be able to move forward with their self sufficiency plans and thrive to be able to help others. For my country, I just hope the current administration will be stopped at every turn from their agenda of making America last. My state has a new governor and renewed house, but it remains to be seen if they keep their word to fix the past two years of liberal destruction. 

Thankfully, I know that my God is in control and whatever comes to be, will be as it should. So, I will continue to fight against the forces of evil with prayer and standing up for what is right. I will keep on living to the best of my ability and pray that in 2022 something spectacular comes to pass for all those who are working so hard to stay afloat and get ahead. There is always hope, even when we cannot see it. On this first day of 2022 may God bless all of our journeys in this new year.


...and if you're so inclined check out my books, the Resistance series.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, a fresh start as we turn the page, one year slips away to be a memory, a blank page yet to be filled with our lives. It is joyous to know we are closer to the reward. Being with God. I enjoy your blogs and writing and Fook forward to seeing your next creative endeavors in the literary world. You have suffered great loss this year with your Ryan's sudden passing. Though gone from sight, his love continues on, his foresight and understanding of you continues to surround you. Enabling you to continue with God's love to continue your generosity to others, as you give your time, and support to your friends, families and those orphans who have come so much further with your help. Looking forward to being creative as your efforts in the last few years are now coming to fruition. As it seems my creativity is beginning to be unlocked from it's prison of darkness. Due to your continued efforts and support. Yes the next 45 days are going to be interesting as we move forward.I thank God for You Kim Bishop. As family, as friend , and as a fellow creative spirit. Looking forward....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words David. We will beat the negativity and bring in some light! You are always an inspiration to me!

      Delete